|Skills required||No previous experience of audit is necessary, and training will be provided in key Data Science skills such as R.
We do have some minimum criteria which you will need to meet:
• 120 UCAS points from the 2017 tariff from your top 3 A Level grades (or equivalent) including Maths. General Studies does not count. If you have 104 UCAS points from the 2017 tariff (or equivalent) you may still be eligible to apply – please email HRServiceDesk@nao.org.uk for further details .
• Took an undergraduate degree course with a substantive quantitative component such as data science, operational research, mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, management science, economics (the data science internship is unlikely to be suitable for people studying accounting finance degree courses), where:
o You are in your second year of a sandwich degree course
o You are in your final year and are expecting a 2.1 degree or better, or
o You have completed your undergraduate degree course and achieved a 2.1 degree or better
• You must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. We are not able to sponsor work visas.
Some previous programming experience is desirable but not essential
If you are interested in one of these vacancies, please submit your CV and application form, providing evidence of:
• an example of where you used quantitative analysis to solve a problem (max 250 words)
• an example of working in a team to complete a project to a challenging timescale (max 250 words)
• Your interest and use of programming languages and/or visual analysis (max 250 words)
The deadline for applications is Sunday 1 December 2019 .
If you pass the initial application stage, we will invite you to complete a technical exercise followed by a telephone interview. This will then be followed by a final interview.