|Job description||Role: Permanent, Part-time 28.8 hours/week
Salary: up to £55,000 pro rata per annum
INTERVIEWS TO BE HELD W/C 20TH JANUARY 2020
This role will have overarching responsibilities across all elements of our health, safety and environmental frameworks to ensure proper co-ordination and integration.
• Governance – running the Health & Safety Committee and Sustainable Office Group;
• Provision of Annual Reports for the Leadership Team and Board on both areas;
• Legislation compliance – ensure all relevant legislation is complied with;
• Policy management – own the policies and procedures related to health, safety and environment;
• Risk management – ensure effective risk management processes are in place and that there is a central repository for completed risk assessments;
• International travel – wider support to the audit community for both domestic and international travel and to ensure that SAFE training is completed for those visiting risky destinations;
• Greening Government Commitments – manage the NAO’s environmental targets programme and complete campaigns as required;
• Maintaining ISO 14001:2015 certified environmental management system;
• Provide sustainability data and statements for the Annual Report and Accounts;
• Data collection and analysis;
• Horizon scanning – identify new legislation, possible media interest and hot topics (e.g. single-use plastics, Net Zero etc.) in the NAO’s external operating environment and raising them for consideration where appropriate;
• Engagement, training and communications on health, safety and environmental matters to colleagues, visitors and contractors; and
• Leading and co-ordinating on display screen equipment requirements (DSE), Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs) and risk assessments as required, first aid, and supporting HR with reasonable adjustments and mental health first and where required.
You must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. We are not able to sponsor work visas.