|Job description||Contract: Permanent
Location: London, Victoria
Main purpose of the job:
• To analyse, design, build and support Salesforce solutions, according to agreed system requirements specifications, gathered through collaborative requirements workshops and prototyping sessions with key stakeholders and users.
• To integrate with and migrate data to/from external applications.
• To administer/maintain and support Salesforce solutions.
• To automate business processes
|Responsibilities||Reporting To: Salesforce team lead
• Undertake structured analysis of technical issues, translating this analysis into technical designs on the Salesforce platform and associated applications
• Where appropriate; plan and lead development on sets of related stories, having understanding of the whole system, taking responsibility for teaching to others
• Develop, configure or customise software solutions to meet the user needs, producing clean, efficient, secure and well-tested architectural solutions
• Look for opportunities to collaborate and reuse components, communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Ensure that solution designs align with the goals of the organisation, following the digital roadmap and principles within the NAO Digital Plan
• Network and communicate with senior stakeholders and product owners, proactively seeking out opportunities for digital transformation
• Follow and improve best practice guidelines
• Find ways to improve system robustness, resilience, stability and integration
• Knowledge share with team members, mentoring and coaching junior colleagues
• Identify, test and champion the adoption of emerging technologies
Internal/External Relationships: Many internal and external relationships with NAO staff at all levels and with suppliers, vendors, technical colleagues in similar organisations.
Resources Managed: External consultants as and when required
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills in dealing with a range of customers, including senior managers & end-users.
• Ability to recognise and respond to business issues and priorities
• Ability to explain technical concepts to non technical staff
• Ability to support Salesforce solutions, including problem diagnosis and resolution.
• Experience of building secure applications accessible via community portal
• Practical experience of working using Agile methodologies.
• Experience of testing and implementing Salesforce critical updates
• Ability to mentor and coach less experienced members of staff
• Ability to work independently and engage supervisor as required
• Ability to architect technical solutions that fit into and facilitate an enterprise architecture
• Salesforce Administration/platform Developer certifications
• Salesforce technical skills
o Lightning web components
o Salesforce DX
o Creating and managing custom objects, fields, formulas, triggers, validation rules, custom workflow and approval processes
o Ability to design, code, test, debug, package and deploy quality scalable and well documented solutions on Salesforce platform using VS code